*** This post contains some affiliate links ***
Welcome to my Natural Skincare and Beauty Empties series on the blog. As I get to test quite a few products every month and not all of them can get featured on my blog, I thought it would be good to do light touch reviews of products after I’ve used them up.
My latest Natural Skincare and Beauty empties include the following products:
Mono NaturOils Rose & Cucumber Cleansing Oil* (20ml – £20, 50ml – £35)
- Pros: very gentle and effective as eye make-up remover.
- Cons: it didn’t work for me as a face cleanser – I felt tightness and dryness on my forehead after using it which I hadn’t with other cleansers – more thoughts in my review of Natural Beauty Box.
Repurchase: Yes but only to use it as eye make-up remover.
BUY FROM >>> MONO NATUROILS
Terre Verdi The Bianco Camellia Oil (50ml, £23)
- Pros: it’s a lovely light oil, perfect for daytime use, also suitable for babies as body/ massage oil and as hair treatment; it’s also certified organic so big thumbs up.
- Cons: I can’t think of any!
- Repurchase? Yes, definitely!
BUY FROM >>> TERRE VERDI
Therapi Honey Skincare Propolis+ Ultra Radiance Cream (sample pot, full size – 50ml, £40)
- Pros: this is quite a rich cream and is great as overnight treatment, especially over a serum. I think it’ll be great in the winter too, to protect against harsh winds. I normally don’t get on well with creams but this one was really lovely.
- Cons: for me, it’s too rich for daytime use and it’s quite pricey.
- Repurchase? Not sure – it’s a lovely cream but the price tag is a little off putting…
BUY FROM >>> LOVELULA
Akoma Skincare Original Ghanaian Black Soap (250ml, £7.34)
- Pros: gentle ingredients, no SLS.
- Cons: the pump is squirting and wasting too much product, consistency is way too runny and it’s quite pricey too.
- Repurchase? no, I wasn’t too impressed with it. I think their soap bars are much better and a fraction of the price!
BUY FROM >>> AKOMA SKINCARE
ORGANii Facial Sun Cream SPF15* (50ml, £14.95)
- Pros: absorbs well into skin, has a great consistency (compared to Organii’s sun milk) and has a very pleasant smell. Provides good protection against UV rays, is safe for children and most importantly doesn’t leave a white cast (which is such a big thing for my children who have dark skin).
- Cons: it could easily be a body sunscreen so I do wish it came in a bigger bottle, otherwise no complaints.
- Repurchase? Yes, I really love ORGANii’s sunscreen products.
More thoughts on this product in my full review.
BUY FROM >>> PRAVERA
ORGANii Sun Milk SPF20* (125ml, £23.95)
- Pros: doesn’t leave a white cast, absorbs well, smells lovely, this is our second bottle and second year of using it on my boys. If you buy it from LoveLula, it includes a 50ml after sun cream (worth £4.95) which is a brilliant after sun treatment.
- Cons: its consistency is very runny (hence the name ‘milk’, I guess!) which makes application quite tricky, especially on moving children! It is a bit pricey too.
- Repurchase? Yes, definitely – I just wish the consistency was a little bit thicker.
More information about both the sun milk as well as the after sun cream can be found in my full review.
Antipodes Heavenly Body Oil* (100ml, £24.95)
- Pros: it’s a lovely blend of plant-based oils, all of which nourish the skin from within. I’ve really enjoyed the soft skin it leaves on your skin!
- Cons: the price is quite excessive in my view, making this oil an indulgent treat only to be used “on special occasions”, this is definitely not a weekday kind of oil unless you can splurge £30 on a new bottle every month! To be honest, I wasn’t too keen on its aroma either – the smell of avocado oil is quite potent and despite being mixed with essential oils, I could still get a whiff of the avocado oil when it was on my skin. It’s obviously a very subjective opinion when it comes to smells but I found the smell of avocado oil quite off putting.
- Repurchase? Not sure – the smell was a little bit annoying and I’m also hesitant because of the price.
BUY FROM >>> LOVELULA