Welcome to my weekly gratitude journal where I share all the every day moments that have made me happy and appreciate life. No matter how mundane life can sometimes feel, there’s always so much to be grateful for which is why I write a gratitude list every week!
Last week was a fairly quiet week. I was in the office two days, then away for work in Manchester and worked from home one day too. But then it finished off on such a high as I celebrated my 35th birthday!
This is what made me happy last week:
- Max sleeping through the night three or even four nights!!! I am honestly counting our lucky stars as we’d had such a hard time with him for weeks. Let’s hope this isn’t a phase! (*fingers crossed*)
- Feeling much calmer inside and less anxious about everyday ‘stuff’.
- Having a laugh with colleagues at work!
- Receiving another beauty subscription box, this time from Skin Organic Clean Beauty Box – thanks so much Paula!
- Seeing a local Mummy friend, Hannah and her gorgeous boy Sebbie (who’s only a day older than Maxi!) on my Friday off and taking the boys to a messy play group – it was so good to catch up and put the world to rights!
- Going out to see our best friends and their kiddies (there were probably around 25 of us!) for a fairly impromptu reunion and also to celebrate my and our friend Lucy’s birthdays. It was such a fun day! It’s so lovely to be a part of this gang of ours (which I actually became a part of once I met the husband) and I’m really grateful for how the bond between all of us is so strong, despite not having the time to see each other as often as we used to or living far from each other.
- My birthday (on Sunday 25th) – I got woken up by my gorgeous boys and showered with kisses and hugs, received some beautiful flowers and lovely birthday surprises (including a day-course in natural skincare recipes!), and then spoilt by the husband with a yummy breakfast and fresh made from scratch red Thai curry (my favourite cuisine!). I wrote a post on some positive affirmations and mantras to live by to celebrate my birthday so do check it out.