Welcome to my weekly gratitude journal where I share all the every day moments that have made me happy and appreciate life. No matter how mundane life can sometimes feel, there’s always so much to be grateful for which is why I write a gratitude list every week!
After a few months’ break, I’m back (again!) with my weekly gratitude lists. These were really helpful during my maternity leave as they made me appreciate little things and moments that I wanted to remember in years to come but when I went back to work last June, I found it really difficult to keep up with everything blog-related so I kept my posts to bare minimum, focusing on what the blog is mainly about – skincare, beauty and green/ sustainable lifestyle and eventually the gratitude lists got dropped down my to do list. But being a mindful person and appreciating life is, in my view, a part of a sustainable lifestyle and it’s something I’ve made a conscious intention to practice in 2018, so the gratitude lists are back. For the past few weeks/ 2-3 months, I’ve also suffered from increasing anxiety and mild depression as the combo of being a working Mum, juggling so much with no support from the outside (as our families live abroad) and little sleep (and I mean absolutely little as Max’s sleeping patterns have been so erratic!), I’ve felt so overwhelmed & my way of dealing is partly by looking at the brighter side of life.
This is what made me happy last week:
- Spending a bit of time by myself as I’ve not been too well this week….
- Appreciating silence due to the above.
- And the slowness of time passing by which is so rare for me as I’m always rushing at 100 miles per hour!
- Max sleeping a tad (only a tad!) better than in the past few weeks. It must be a mixture of teething and nighttime terrors, as he’s been inconsolable and crying hysterically every single night, waking up numerous times… we’re absolutely knackered (hence me getting poorly) but for the past few days he’s been less hysterical – having said that though, he still wakes up but at least he calms down when we cuddle him and he will only fall asleep next to us or on us… it looks like we’ll have to start co-sleeping which I love but Leo already comes to our bed around midnight and even though we have a king size bed, it’s still so cramped with all of us in one bed. Perhaps we should consider buying a bigger bed?
- Organising my diary with personal plans, like seeing friends and family, and going on holiday, as well as coming up with realistic plans for fitting in blogging around my work and family life. It’s all about organisation, isn’t it?
- Cooking – I’ve really started to enjoy the process (you may have noticed my new weekly feature of Meal planners?) which I never used to do. I’m just loving finding new recipes on YouTube at the moment.
- My slow cooker – I’ve already made a couple of amazing and such simple recipes and it’s helping us to cut food waste (as I can just whip up a simple but yummy stew with various veg leftovers), organise our meals better and organise my time (as I can just leave the slow cooker overnight to whip up our dinner for the following day).
- Bedtime reading with Leo – even though his reading is AMAZING (he’s on level 15 – Sapphire, on the Big Cat Bands, at the age of 6!), he’s loving when I read to him because, according to him, “I read with great expression”! Hahaha!
- Film nights on Saturday night with the Hubby. It’s our new habit – every week we take it in turns to choose a film for us to watch and it’s lovely to sit down and just focus on the film’s narrative, without any other distractions.
Happy Sunday to you all and have a fab week ahead, whatever you’re up to!