Welcome to my weekly feature – meal planners.
Find out quick & easy dinner recipes from our weekly meal planner – be more organised, cut food waste & enjoy fresh and homemade meals!
Our meals last week were:
- Monday: Hubby and I had big lunches at work so we ended up ‘snacking’ for dinner – I had avocado on rice cakes.
- Tuesday: Skinny Veggie Lasagne in slow cooker – recipe from the amazing Lindsay at Pinch of Yum. It turned out gorgeous but next time I won’t cook it overnight (even though it was on slow setting) as the cheese melted a bit too much and the lasagna sheets got slightly burnt. Next time I’ll do it for 3-4 hours as I’d like the ricotta and mozarella to be more ‘fluffy’.
- Wednesday: Salmon and dill fishcakes with chunky chips, and homemade tomato and cucumber salad
- Thursday: Left over lasagna
- Friday: Vegetarian Chickpea Curry from slow cooker with fluffy rice (see my recipe below) – I just mixed up some veggies that I had left over in the fridge with tomato pasta, veg stock, coconut milk and spices. It turned out absolutely beautiful!
- Saturday: My chickpea curry with peshwari naan bread
- Sunday: We were meant to go out for the day & eat out but Max had temperature so we stayed at home. I managed to make a big batch of beetroot soup for the week ahead and a bit for the freezer, but we ended up having left over curry for tonight’s dinner.
Overall thoughts: I was pleased with myself as I managed to squeeze in time to prep for the slow cooker recipes but because obviously they were larger quantities of food, we ended up having the same dinners twice last week. That’s not a bad thing but if we had a bigger freezer and it wasn’t full already, I would have definitely kept more leftovers for later in the month. Talking about the freezer – since we have lots of produce in there, we should really start emptying it so it’s over to Hubby for next week, let’s see what dinners he comes up with 🙂