I’ve recently set myself a challenge to limit the amount of snacks with refined sugar but at the same time I like to treat myself! These raw vegan quinoa mini flapjacks contain only natural sugars so they’re a perfect alternative!
Makes about 12
- 50g almonds
- 50g pecans
- 10g linseed
- 10g chia seeds
- 90g Medjool dates (de-stoned)
- 25g dried mango
- 25g Goji berries
- 100g quinoa flakes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- Kitchen scales
- Measuring spoons
- Powerful food processor
- Pastry cutter
- Place the nuts, fruits, dates, chia seeds & linseed in the food processor and pulse until mixed.
- Add the quinoa flakes and pulse a bit more.
- Finally add the coconut oil and maple syrup, and give it another few pulses. You may need to add a bit more oil and maple syrup if necessary to bind the mixture together.
- Remove from the processor and form a long roll from the mixture.
- Lay it on a flat surface and divide into two pieces, then each piece into half again, and continue until you get 12 equal pieces.
- Take each piece and flatten it to form a round mini flapjack or use a pastry cutter to make it look a bit more even.
- Cool in the fridge for 15 minutes if you want but the flapjacks are ready to be eaten straight away.
- Store in an airtight container and they’ll keep fresh for a week or so.
- Enjoy 🙂
Recipe inspired by:
Jamie Oliver’s Everyday Superfood