Hello everyone! It’s been nice to have a ‘short’ week following the Bank Holiday Monday, right? We had a nice and relaxing Bank Holiday weekend, running a few errands as well as seeing friends. But then on Tuesday Maxi suddenly came down with temperature. He had it on and off for three days and is now feeling better but it just meant that we weren’t able to do much except enjoy lots of cuddles. He was (and actually still is) really irritable and not interested in any food at all which makes me think the temperature must have been caused by teething pains rather than a cold. These teeth are really taking their time to cut through though – it’s been months now! Hopefully, it won’t be long before he gets them soon.
Back to my gratitude list – so this is what made me happy this week:
- Seeing my goddaughter. On Sunday, we took a trip to Cliveden – a lovely National Trust site in Berkshire to spend a day with my dear friend H who I’ve known for 13 years since we went to Uni together. We meant to see each other at Christmas for her daughter’s 2nd birthday but due to H being poorly we had to postpone it. Believe it or not, last weekend was the first date we could agree on after weeks and weeks of trying to set a date. Crazy, isn’t it? Anyway, I was very excited to finally see H and her gorgeous daughter who I’m a godmother to. We had a great time, especially trying to find the middle of the garden maze and then find a way out! Leo absolutely loved it and we had to go in about three or four times! He was so affectionate with H’s daughter as well, holding her hand while walking around the maze – how adorable are they together?
- Being (almost) pain-free myself. On Tuesday, I saw my dentist to take out the stitches after my wisdom tooth extraction, which was a huge relief as they were really annoying. Plus, for the rest of the week, I didn’t need to rely on nearly any painkillers so yaay! I still get some pain around my other teeth on the side of the extraction but the dentist says it’s the aftereffect of the anaesthetic so I suppose I need to ride it out…
- Bedtime giggles with Leo. I always enjoy putting Leo to bed as it’s the only time where he can have my undivided attention so we read books, reminisce about the whole day, he tells me about his day at school, I sing to him and we often end up having such a great giggle about all sorts of things. But yesterday,
- Parcel deliveries. Now, who doesn’t love getting parcels, right? I received a few new skincare products from LoveLula to test and review (watch this space!) as well as some fab healthy food goodies from Nutriseed UK – you can get £5 off your order so check out this post.
- New eco-friendly gadgets. I love finding new things and was really excited to get a new gadget for the house from the ethical shop Babipur – reusable beeswax food wraps. Now if you’ve read my post from last week on 7 easy ways to be more eco-friendly, you may have picked up a few tips on how to reduce the amount of plastic. I’m currently on a bit of a mission to stop us using things like cling film and plastic food storage containers, so I was amazed to find these reusable food wraps made by Abeego. They protect your food from going off and allow it to breathe, unlike clingfilm or plastic containers. We just can’t stand food waste and we used to throw away so many vegetables or other things that we’d forgotten about in the fridge. Well, now that we have these amazing wraps, we can reduce the unnecessary (not to mention costly!) food waste. If you’re interested to find out more, check out Abeego’s website and you can buy the wraps from Babipur.