It’s time for my weekly recipe for making your own natural skincare product. This time round, I’m showing you how to create a refreshing body scrub which will leave your skin not only exfoliated and smelling fresh, but also beautifully moisturised.
If you think making your own skincare products is difficult, then you’re in the right place as through my blog, I aim to show that you really don’t need any fancy equipment or ingredients. In fact, you can use existing equipment that you have at home and most ingredients are very easily accessible these days and completely affordable. This particular body scrub is so easy to make and I’m sure you’ll have most, if not all, of the ingredients already at home.
There’s no real need to apply a moisturiser after using this exfoliator as it leaves a very subtle and pleasant oily residue on your skin. However, if you want, you could follow it up with my nourishing massage bars or whipped body butters.
I hope you enjoy making and using this scrub and as always, do let me know in the comments below how you’re getting on and what other products you’d like me to make.
Zesty sea salt body scrub
- 100ml plant-based oil (e.g. sweet almond, coconut, olive are good but you could make it super-indulgent by mixing in some jojoba or macademia oil)
- 300g fine sea salt
- 20 drops of essential oil(s) of your choice. Lemongrass, orange, lemon and peppermint have particularly nice energising aromas. You can mix a couple of oils as well – to find out which ones compliment each other, I recommend this website.
- Mix sea salt with your favourite plant-based oil until salt is soaked through.
- Add essential oil(s) and mix well.
- Transfer into an air-tight glass jar, ideally a dark one to preserve the essential oils. If you don’t have one, then keep your jar away from sunlight.
- Use a couple of times a week for an indulgent treat.
Have you made a body scrub before? If so, what are your favourite ingredients?