Hello my lovelies! Hope you’re doing well?
Our week’s been pretty busy, despite not having many plans actually, and it’s just gone by in a flash. Is it me or have the past two months gone by way too quickly?! I can’t believe it’s nearly March already! The weather was really miserable down here for most of the week so I drove Leo to school pretty much every day and we both really missed our usual walks, chats and word games. Friday was the nicest day of all so we managed to catch a bit of the sunshine and enjoyed a walk, although our local park remained closed after Storm Doris.
So what’s made me happy this week?
- Waking up this morning. Today’s actually my birthday (34th) so being greeted by my gorgeous boys, all three of them, was the best possible way to start the day. As I grow older, I reflect more and more on each year that I’ve lived and sometimes I get carried away with thoughts about what I could or should have achieved by this time. This year, I’m giving myself a break from those thoughts and instead I’m focusing on everything I’ve learnt over the years and the strong and assertive person I’ve become and the wonderful family I have around me.
- Teacher’s feedback at the parents evening. On Wednesday, I went to see Leo’s teacher and his feedback was so positive. I took Leo with me and he was so excited about showing me all the workbooks that he completes every single day – his sentence writing, maths and handwriting. Leo’s excelling at pretty much everything so his teacher and TA are working together with Leo to make sure they challenge him and his abilities. I’m most impressed with Leo’s reading which is currently at the level of a Year 2 pupil! We’ve known for the past year and a half that Leo’s reading skills were quite advanced but this was the first time that the teacher made an actual comparison. I’m so proud of my little boy – he’s just so hungry to learn more and more each and every day!
- Ticking things off my to-do list. Last week, as it was half term, was a bit of a write-off as far as trying to get things done around the house is concerned so this week I put together a long list of stuff to be done and managed to get a few of them ticked off.
- Getting back home after a day at work. On Thursday, I went to the office for another ‘keep in touch’ day but this time round, I was actually so desperate to go back home and see my boys before their bedtime. I could have asked my colleagues if they fancied a drink after work or I could have even gone out shopping by myself, but instead I took the train back home and then just ran from the station. I know I’ll miss them when I get back to work so I really need to make the most of my last four months of maternity leave.
- Making a few of my own skincare products. I’m really getting into this whole new area, still working through recipes from books but I hope that one day I’ll feel confident and knowledgeable enough to be able to come up with my own formulations. I think a day/ two day course might be handy to take me to the next level… In the meantime, keep your eyes peeled on some new posts with my recent recipes!
Right, we’re off to Covent Garden in London now for a Thai dinner as my birthday treat so I’d better get ready! Have a great weekend everyone! Xx